In this epsiode, we speak to Patrick Tan (https://www.linkedin.com/in/patricktankoontat/), General Partner and Counsel at Compton Hughes. Patrick is a self professed ‘entrepreneur first and a lawyer second’. He has previously practiced law, founded companies and in his most recent role founded a Statistical Arbitrage Crypto Hedge Fund.
Tune in to this episode to hear about:
- Patrick’s journey in the Blockchain and Cryptocurrency ecosystem
- Regulatory environment in general – SEC, China, Malta, Gibraltar etc
- Regulatory arbitrage
- How does a company approach an ICO from a legal perspective? An STO?
- Patrick’s new venture: A Statistical Arbitrage Crypto Fund and his role as General Counsel
- Strategies that his fund is deploying and what makes them unique
- Process for client onboarding into a Crypto Fund in a compliant manner
- Security tokens and Stablecoins: https://medium.com/predict/security-tokens-versus-stablecoins-2d33b91e2fd