We managed to catch the very busy Ella Zhang, Head of Binance Labs, on the sidelines of a conference in Singapore to get all the scoop about Binance Labs, what her team has been up to and what they plan to achieve going forward.
Tune in to hear about:
- Ella’s very interesting background and how she came to be a part of Binance Labs
- Mandate of Binance Labs
- Three key pillars – incubation, fellowship and direct investment
- Fellowship – https://medium.com/binance-labs/introducing-the-binance-labs-fellowship-270521d2e99d
- How does the incubation program work?
- Season 1 of Binance Labs incubation: https://medium.com/binance-labs/season-1-binance-labs-incubation-program-buidlers-season-1-ec34b601ccd
- Season 2 of Binance Labs Incubation: https://www.binance.com/en/blog/342988062870470656/Binance-Labs-Reveals-13-Startups-in-its-Incubation-Program
- What is the investment focus and how has the team’s investment thesis evolved over a period of time
- How does Ella think about overall portfolio construction
- Drawing from the lessons of the popping of the 2000 internet bubble and outlook on the industry going forward