Ep. #18: Data Provenance and Authenticity using Blockchain with Mike Davie (Founder Quadrant Protocol)
Mike Davie is the Founder of Quadrant Protocol, a Blockchain project that allows for easy access, creation and distribution of data.
Mike was a member of the Advanced Mobile Product Strategy Division at Samsung where he developed go-to-market strategies for cutting edge technologies created in the Samsung R&D Labs. Thereafter, he founded DataStreamX, an online marketplace for real time data allowing companies that produce data to easily monetize and distribute it and allowing data consumers to source their data requirements in one place.
With the emergence of the Blockchain technology, Mike sought to further improve what he was trying to do at DataStreamX and as a result, Quadrant Protocol was born.
Tune in to hear about:
- Mike’s background and how Quadrant Protocol was born
- What problems Quadrant Protocol is seeking to address
- How Quadrant Protocol is a data stamping protocol and the value that brings
- Different stakeholders in the Quadrant ecosystem and their roles (‘nurseries’ are where the data is born, ‘pioneers’ who create the data into products, ‘elons’ who can be innovative companies and individuals who try to create more value of the data products)
- How the different stakeholders are incentivised in the ecosystem
- Quadrant Protocol’s consensus mechanism (mix of Proof of Authority and Proof of Work)
- Quadrant Protocol’s roadmap
- Key things Quadrant is looking for – partnerships, data providers and data consumers
- Major partnership with IMDA (Govt of Singapore) – https://medium.com/quadrantprotocol/singapores-info-communications-media-development-authority-imda-partners-with-datastreamx-and-be4b1ba94cd9
- Quadrant Protocol website, Medium