In this episode, we speak to Czhang Lin who is the Managing Director at JRR Crypto. JRR Crypto is a Swiss Cryptocurrency/Blockchain Fund with a Chinese team which invests in both Crypto projects and the Crypto Ecosystem. They are the second biggest equity shareholder in the Crypto Exchange with one of the highest trading volumes – Binance!
Czhang is a Taiwanese Canadian who grew up in Poland and took his family business public on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. He is an alumnus of INSEAD and Tsinghua University.
Tune in to hear about:
- Czhang’s very interesting background and how he got involved in Crypto/Blockchain
- JRR Crypto – structure of the fund, investment thesis, areas of focus etc
- Crypto ecosystem investments (70% of portfolio): Incubation, Consultancy, Investment banks, Media, Exchanges, Wealth Management, Fund of Funds
- Crypto projects reperesent 30% of portfolio
- JRR is the 2nd biggest equity shareholder in Binance
- Quick overview of the Chinese Crypto/Blockchain ecosystem
- Reason for the success of the Chinese Exchanges (OKEx, Huobi etc)
- JRR’s acceleration arm: Super advisor (light involvement) and Co-founder (heavy involvement)
- JRR’s roadmap
- Views on a dual token system (utility + security tokens)