We speak to Dan Shin, Co-founder of Terra (https://terra.money/). Prior to Terra, Dan is most notably known for being the Founder and Chairman of TMON (http://www.tmon.co.kr). TMON or Ticket Monster is a Unicorn out of South Korea which was started in 2010 and had a mobile first approach to e-commerce.
Now Dan is launching a stable coin that aims to drive adoption through his experience and networks in the e-commerce industry.
Tune in to hear about:
- Going on the mainnet and what that’s like (funnily, we spoke a couple of hours after Terra hit mainnet)
- Different kinds of stable coins why Terra took the algorithmic route
- How Terra is trying to drive REAL ADOPTION
- How Terra maintains price stability and the role that Luna token plays in that
- What is Seigniorage and how Terra is benefiting from it
- Go-to market strategy through Terra Alliance comprising Carousell (https://sg.carousell.com/), Qoo1o (https://www.qoo10.sg) etc. + incentives to use Terra
- How the user journey for using Terra token would look like on e-commerce platforms
- Tech aspects – Building on Tendermint (https://www.tendermint.com/), on boarding validators
- Dealing with Regulatory aspects including the failed Basis project (https://www.basis.io/)
- Partnerships with Tomochain (https://tomochain.com/), Klaytn (https://www.klaytn.com/) etc