AppCoins (https://appcoins.io/) is a blockchain-based open-source protocol for the App Economy supported by the Aptoide App Store (http://www.aptoide.com/). It proposes to move to the blockchain three of the most critical flows of App stores: (i)advertising, (ii) in-app purchases and (iii) developer’s reputation.
Our guest for this show is Tiago Alves, the VP Asia Pacific of AppCoins. Tiago has held several roles in the Telecommunications industry mainly in Portugal before taking up a role as Aptoide’s/AppCoins’ VP of APAC.
Tune in to hear about:
- Tiago’s background and intro
- What is Aptoide? (Android App Store)
- What are the App Stores beyond Google Play on Android Phones today?
- The problems for smaller App Stores today – payments (lack of ability to monetise in-app purchase)
- Appcoins – reducing the cut from in-app purchases from 30% (for Google Play Store) to 15%
- 5B fine for Google in the EU recently
- Other problems – advertising inside App Stores, Application approvals and security
- Solution – reward users in Appcoins for getting exposed to ads, sharing of information about viruses and malware to make apps more secure
- How Aptoide’s current business is going to be affected and how dies it affect the various investors involved
- How the native token works
- How does the platform look like today?
- Development of the AppStore Foundation
- Telegram: https://t.me/appcoinsofficial
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/AppCoinsProject