PolicyPal Network aims to leverage the Blockchain technology to make insurance more accessible for consumers by creating a peer-to-peer insurance platform. It also aims to cater to the needs of the crypto ecosystem by providing insurance services to Blockchain startups during their initial launch.
Our guest for today’s show is Val Yap, the Founder and CEO of PolicyPal and the PolicyPal Network based out Singapore. After graduating, she worked in varying capacities in the Financial Services industry including stints at Aberdeen Asset Management, PricewaterhouseCoopers and OCBC Bank. She was recently included in the Forbes 30 under 30 list for Finance and Venture Capital.
Tune in to hear about:
- Val’s background and how PolicyPal (‘traditional’ business) came about
- What PolicyPal does and how PolicyPal Network came about
- PolicyPal Network’s partnership with FWD insurance company and new partnership with WeWork Asia
- The two products that PolicyPal Network is building – crypto protect insurance helping blockchain companies (wallets/exchanges etc.) and a P2P insurance marketplace
- Partnership with NEM and QTUM on the crypto protect insurance side
- Tech stuff – why they are building on Ethereum currently and why they’ll be launching their own blockchain network in the future
- Launch of PolicyPal’s testnet next month
- Some other interesting developments that are taking place at PolicyPal
- Importance of community in the cryptocurrency space
- Twitter, Telegram, Medium